When working on your materials and asking for printing, you have to decide between the different types of finishes you can do on your print materials. Here at Gold Level Print, there are a few options, you need help deciding what the best finish is for each job.
To help you decide what is best for your needs, the first question to ask is if you want a matte look or a glossy look. Once you decide which style you are looking to convey, we can then present you different specialty finishes. Here is a guide on when to choose a matte or glossy print.
Matte finishes on printed material do not have a shine and do not reflect light. A matte finish is silky and smooth to the touch. The most common matte finish is the regular that we can offer you, which is the one below.
– Considered to have become one of the more popular options.
– This finish is created by placing a special ink on a coated stock.
– Usually the most cost-effective option.
Gloss finishes can be very glossy depending on which finish and can reflect light. By allowing for the reflection of light, it will show of a beautiful reflection. Here are 2 different types of gloss finishing:
– Considered to be one of the shiniest finishes in glossy printing.
– This helps the colors appear more vibrant.
– Rather than a spray coating, like AQ or UV this is a glossy lamination that is applied after printing, similar to the matte lamination.
– This will allow for a protective layer from dirt, as well as helping with an overall shine.
There are so many different finishes that can be used on printed materials. On top of just using one of the above methods, you could use multiple methods (like a matte lamination and a spot UV) to have a matte business card. Also, you could have only highlight one or two areas with the gloss if you’d like. Just remember that the finishing depends on your company branding, product design and function.